The Polymath8 project, led by the Fields Medalist Prof. Terence Tao and in collaboration with a team of top mathematicians, was launched to optimize the records of the bounded gaps between primes based on the breakthrough work of “Bounded gaps between primes” by Dr. Yitang Zhang. He proved that there are infinitely many pairs of primes with a finite gap, and thus resolved a weak form of the twin prime conjecture.
- D. H. J. Polymath, et al. New equidistribution estimates of Zhang type, and bounded gaps between primes. Algebra & Number Theory, 2014, 8(9): 2067-2199. [DOI]
Polymath8a authors: Wouter Castryck, Etienne Fouvry, Gergely Harcos, Emmanuel Kowalski, Philippe Michel, Paul Nelson, Eytan Paldi, Janos Pintz, Andrew V. Sutherland, Terence Tao, Xiao-Feng Xie
- D. H. J. Polymath, et al. Variants of the Selberg sieve, and bounded intervals containing many primes. Research in the Mathematical Sciences, 2014, 1(12): 1-83. [DOI]
Polymath8b authors: Ignace Bogaert, Aubrey de Grey, Gergely Harcos, Emmanuel Kowalski, Philippe Michel, James Maynard, Paul Nelson, Pace Nielsen, Eytan Paldi, Andrew V. Sutherland, Terence Tao, Xiao-Feng Xie
– Polymath8 project for finding bounded intervals with primes.
– New bounds on gaps between primes by Andrew V. Sutherland.
– A new database has been set for collecting narrow admissible k-Tuples.
– The theoretical progress can be found in the blog of Terence Tao.